Sentence Pattern #7
Reminder: Vocab on Quizlet
ELAGSE11-12RI4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze how an author uses and refines the meaning of a key term or terms over the course of a text (e.g., how Madison defines faction in Federalist No. 10).
ELAGSE11-12RI5 Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the structure an author uses in his or her exposition or argument, including whether the structure makes points clear, convincing, and engaging.
ELAGSE11-12RI6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text in which the rhetoric is particularly effective, analyzing how style and content contribute to the power, persuasiveness, or beauty of the text.
ELAGSE11-12L6 Acquire and use accurately general academic and domain-specific words and phrases, sufficient for reading, writing, speaking, and listening at the college and career readiness level; demonstrate independence in gathering vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
- How can I best structure a rhetorical analysis essay?
- How can an understanding of rhetorical vocabulary improve my ability to speak and talk about argument, and to construct arguments of my own?
- How do images work as arguments?
- How can I construct effective visual arguments?
- Structuring The Rhetorical Analysis Essay
- Practice writing Intro Paragraph
- Fun with Rhetorical Devices