Diction Warm Up #3
ELAGSE11-12RI5 Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the structure an author uses in his or her exposition or argument, including whether the structure makes points clear, convincing, and engaging.
ELAGSE11-12RI6 Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text in which the rhetoric is particularly effective, analyzing how style and content contribute to the power, persuasiveness, or beauty of the text.
ELAGSE11-12W1 Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
ELAGSE11-12W3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events
using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
- What makes an effective college entrance essay?
- How can I shape my writing to reflect my unique perspective and personality?
- With a partner:
- Essay Exemplar Analysis Activity (On Google Classroom)
- Review/Discuss Pre-writing Warm-ups
- On your own:
- Pre-Writing Reflection (on Paper)
- Common App Essay Pre-Writing Reflection Due by Thursday. (Prompts)