Please get out your Gatsby text. Using the slips of paper I have provided, please locate and copy down either
- a quote that you find beautiful, important, interesting, compelling, confusing, or otherwise worthy of discussion, OR
- a moment, situation, scene, character detail, or setting that stands out to you as powerful, intriguing, unexpected, etc.
Be sure to also record the page number where the quote or scene can be found.
ELAGSE11-12RL2 Determine two or more themes or central ideas of text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text.
- How does Fitzgerald develop his narrative through the first third of the book?
- What are the keys to a good analytical question?
- Gatsby Chapters 1-3 Quiz
- Question Development Exercise
- Discuss Gatsby, Ch. 1-3
- Gatsby Ch. 4-6 by 3/28
- Write 15 original questions about these chapters
- Bring them to class on Quiz Day
- Blog Due, 3/26
- Gatsby Project Due 4/12