Syntax Warmup #1
ELAGSE11-12W1 Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- Develop claim(s) and counterclaims fairly and thoroughly,supplying the most relevant evidence for each while pointing out the strengths and limitations of both in a manner that anticipates the audience’s knowledge level, concerns, values, and possible biases.
- How can I best support my position when constructing an Argument?
- Argument Speed Dating (Use this Template to collect/record evidence & Support)
- Intro to Socratic Seminars
- Make-up Romanticism Journal Shares (If Time Allows)
- TONIGHT: Complete Socratic Seminar Leveled Questions for your assigned topic
- Begin Reading The Great Gatsby.
- Chapters 1-3 Quiz, 3/23
- Chapters 4-6 Quiz, 3/28
- Chapters 7-9 Quiz, 4/10
- Continue Gatsby Multimodal, Due 4/12