Voice Lessons: Syntax Warm Up #1
ELAGSE11-12RL2 Determine two or more themes or central ideas of text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text.
ELAGSE11-12RL3 Analyze the impact of the author’s choices regarding how to develop and relate elements of a story or drama (e.g., where a story is set, how the action is ordered, how the characters are introduced and developed).
- How can historical context help in understanding a text?
- What critical lenses are available for textual interpretation?
- Intro to Gatsby
- As you watch the following "Crash Course" video, jot down at least 5 details that you find interesting, startling, relevant, or worth paying attention to.
- Assign Critical Lenses Assignment
- Assign Gatsby Multimodal Menu Project
- Begin Reading Gatsby
- Continue Reading The Great Gatsby.
- Chapters 1-3 Quiz, 10/12
- Chapters 4-6 Quiz, 10/17
- Chapters 7-9 Quiz, 10/20
- Midterm, 10/13