Sentence Pattern #5
ELAGSE11-12RL1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
ELAGSE11-12RL4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including words with multiple meanings or language that is particularly fresh, engaging, or beautiful. (Include Shakespeare as well as other authors.)
- What are the themes of the Romantic Era?
- What can Romantic poets teach us about how to live?
- Romantic Poetry
- Secure a copy of The Great Gatsby
- Write good answers to the questions for each of today's poems.
- Read "Walden" by Wednesday
- Annotate for good/meaningful language
- Respond to reflective questions