Vocab Quiz #4
ELAGSE11-12RL2 Determine two or more themes or central ideas of text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text.
ELAGSE11-12RL4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including words with multiple meanings or language that is particularly fresh, engaging, or beautiful.
ELAGSE11-12RL6 Analyze a case in which grasping point of view requires distinguishing what is directly stated in a text from what is really meant
- How can viewing a work through different critical lenses give me new insights into its meaning?
- What if Sojourner Truth had a Facebook page?
- How do gender stereotypes and gender roles develop, and what are the effects?
- Sojourner Truth, "Ain't I a Woman?" Individual Analysis
- Be sure you have a copy of the Abram's Critical Lenses/Sojourner Truth Handout.
- Look at the table chart on the board and circle the critical approach that you will be responsible for. Review the main and supplementary questions associated with that lens.
- As you listen/read "Ain't I a Woman?" annotated (mark the text and make notes) according to your assigned critical lens.
- Sojourner Truth Facebook Page
- Analyze text within your critical lens group - 10 minutes
- Move to your Jigsaw Group. Share your findings (2 minutes each = ~10 Minutes)
- Chose a quote and create your Facebook page (~30 min)
- One person open page template
- share access with others
- Choose Quote - This becomes Sojourner's FB Status
- Reflect on quote from each critical lens - These are Comments on the FB Status
- Label lenses appropriately
- Include photos 6 photos
- Include 6 Friends
- If you finish, add another quote-status and repeat the process!
Have a great long weekend