Take 5 minutes to look over your Synthesis Practice. Be ready to:
- Summarize the Prompt & Your Argumentative Stance
- Give 2-3 reasons in support of your argument
- Summarize the main point of each source & discuss how it might be useful to your argument.
ELAGSE11-12W1 Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
ELAGSE11-12W5 Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on addressing what is most significant for a specific purpose and audience.
ELAGSE11-12W7 Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects to answer a question (including a self-generated question) or solve a problem; narrow or broaden the inquiry when appropriate; synthesize multiple sources on the subject, demonstrating understanding of the subject
ELAGSE11-12W8 Gather relevant information from multiple authoritative print and digital sources, using advanced searches effectively; assess the strengths and limitations of each source in terms of the task, purpose,and audience; integrate information into the text selectively to maintain the flow of ideas, avoiding plagiarism and overreliance on any one source and following a standard format for citation.
ELAGSE11-12W9 Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- How do I put together sources to help support my argument?
- How do I navigate the GA Milestones EOC Program
- Synthesis Discussion
- Milestones EOC Software Practice (Media Center)
Please look carefully at the following revised schedule for this week and the week following Thanksgiving (Click to Enlarge).
- USATestPrep EOC Practice #2 Due Wednesday!
- Five Time Capsule Ideas (Assessment Part III) Due Wednesday before class
- TTTC, Ch. 12-15 Quiz moved to Thursday
- "Things We Carry" Essay and Remediation (Assessment Parts I and II) moved to Monday following Thanksgiving
- Your EOCT is on Wednesday & Thursday following Thanksgiving Break!