Discussion, TTTC, Ch. 1
ELAGSE11-12W3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events
using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
ELAGSE11-12W4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.(Grade-specific expectations for writing types are defined in Standards 1–3 above.)
ELAGSE11-12W5 Develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on addressing what is most significant for a specific purpose and audience.
- How do I develop an effective personal narrative?
- Write Common App Essay Draft
- 250-650 Words
- MLA Format
- Be specific & concrete: Paint a picture of a moment in time
- Link your personal experience to broad themes/lessons
- Submit completed draft to Google Classroom
- Begin Peer Review
- I will assign you a partner
- Follow instructions on Handout
- Continue work on Digital Portfolio
- Finish and Submit Common App Essay Draft (Due before class tomorrow!)
- Continue Reading TTTC, Ch. 2-4 (Quiz Tomorrow)
- USATestPrep Milestone Practice #1 (Due 11/9)