Pick a Quote Warmup
ELAGSE11-12RL1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
ELAGSE11-12SL1 Initiate and participate effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grades 11-12 topics, texts, and issues, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
ELAGSE11-12SL3 Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric, assessing the stance, premises, links among ideas, word choice, points of emphasis, and tone used.
ELAGSE11-12SL4 Present information, findings, and supporting evidence, conveying a clear and distinct perspective, such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning, alternative or opposing perspectives are addressed, and the organization, development, substance, and style are appropriate to purpose, audience, and a range of formal and informal tasks.Essential Questions:
- How can I demonstrate my understanding of the novel?
- How can I ask questions that target specific skills and knowledge?
- How can the Socratic Seminar Model foster intelligent and productive discussion about the text?
- Gatsby Tic-Tac-Toe Workday
- Socratic Seminar Prep
- Prepare for Socratic Seminar
- Review book
- Create Questions to Complete Prep Document
- Continue working on Gatsby Project: Due Wednesday
- Prepare for Party (Snack/Costumes): Party Wednesday!